THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING MILITARY OR COMBAT BOOTS
Combat boots, also known as Military boots, are back in fashion since 2019. The best come back twist by this footwear was; availability as vegan shoes. This footwear gained major exposure and popularity due to its durability, flexibility, and comfort levels. Combat boots are now also said to be the best footwear for hiking and backpacking. There is a wide variety of Military boots for various occasions and situations that are discussed down below.
Before we get into the actual topic, let us acknowledge our readers about three main things that you need to consider before buying a pair of combat vegan shoes. These three main components are type, fit of the shoes, and component. Have a look below for a brief explanation of each.
The wide variety of combat boots is further divided into subcategories as per their usage. The first one is the traditional low-cut model of combat vegan shoes with flexible midsoles. Ultralight backpackers are fond of choosing this shoe-type for long-distance journeys.
Another type is the day hiking boots. They are mid- to high-cut model combat boots that are designed for short trips. They need to be broken-in and also lack the sturdiness of a backpacking vegan shoes or boots.
Backpacking boots are another type of combat boots that are designed for more strenuous hikes where you might be carrying some kinds of heavier loads. They are mostly commonly used for both the purposes; on and off-trail and multi-day trips.
Coming to the actual topic, combat vegan shoes or boots has five components that need to be considered when you plan to buy. These components are discussed below:
- Upper materials of the combat boot are responsible for how breathable, durable, and water-resistant vegan shoes will be. You also have options of full-grain leather, nubuck leather, synthetics, split-grain leather, waterproof membranes, and synthetic insulation.
- Midsoles of combat boots may affect the stiffness and cushioning of the boot. As a result, it affects how comfortable and stable the vegan shoes will be on different terrains.
- Internal Support on hiking vegan shoes includes shanks. These shanks are 3-5mm-thick inserts that are placed right in between the midsole and outsole of combat boots. Plates of this footwear are semi-flexible and inserted below the shank.
- Outsoles of combat boots are mostly made from rubber. Manufacturers add additives in order to boost hardness and grip in the vegan shoes. It is important to check for this.
- Crampon capability is another crucial aspect to be considered in combat boots if your backpacking trip includes any type of mountaineering or winter backpacking.
- Your hiking or combat boots needs to not only fit snugly but your pair must also have enough room to wiggle your toes. This is important so that the combat vegan shoes or boot does not become uncomfortable and tight when your feet swell up at the end of a tiring day the day.